For observers looking for signs of economic direction the data continues to fly in the face of consumer sentiment and media tone. The Commerce Dept. announced October’s retail sales volume and the data shows an increase of over 7% compared to October 2010. That’s a steeper growth path than the 2005-2007 trend and the overall spending is 3.5% higher than the volume at the peak of the last business cycle in Nov. 2007. A 7% increase in the segment that makes up 70% of the U. S. economy is significant anytime but especially if it’s during a period of time when consumer sentiment is falling (like this summer).
- Only a contractor would think this wasn't risky twitter.com/TEDCObuilds/st… 5 hours ago
- @AlleghenyConf @PITairport @primantibros Yes. And if you ask for them on the side you don't get the flight you ordered. 4 days ago
- Allegheny Co. Econ Dev Dir Lance Chimka talking about Industrial Revolution 4.0 to @NAIOPPittsburgh chapter meeting https://t.co/40SR4LsXy7 5 days ago
- More Mixed Use Forging Ahead buildingpittsburgh.com/2018/10/12/mor… https://t.co/9KhGbv33nm 1 week ago
- $300M @MillcraftInv Esplanade development out for proposals. $40M Arsenal Phase 2 out for RFP. @PittTweets getting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago